Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Print and Save - Script?

Level 2

I have a small issue and I am really hoping someone has a solution

I have created a fillable form using Livecycle and Acrobat, and the form works great.

The PDF is launched via bat file with a specific file name and the employee just starts filling out the form.

When they are done, they print the form and "save" the file, "save' being the issue for some.

85% of the time, they remeber to hit save or will close reader and hit "yes" during the close process to save the document.

The other 15%, they hit no, and the report is not saved at all.

( I had to disable X's Protection Mode to bypass the SaveAs dialog box, which got me to 15%, it was 45%)

I need to find a way to have the document save when the user prints the form.

The other solution would be to have the document save when they exit a certain field on the form when they are filling it out

(At least at that point, a majority of the document would be saved)

I did sucessly try an exit event but when the saveas dialog box comes up, the level went back to 45% cause most hit no

Any ideas, I am fairly new to scripting and events, so any help would be great.

Thanks

1 Reply

Level 10

Hi,

Due to security restrictions you cannot script a save operation. You can script a save-as, but not save.

Niall