Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Preview PDF F5 not working

Level 2

The abiltiy to preview an XPD file I'm working on in Designer ES is not working.  In the veiw tab it is grey'ed out.  I have both livecycle Designer and acorbat 8 professional loaded.  Any ideas?  Thanks

5 Replies

Former Community Member

Check and see if the keyboard shortcut still exists.

Go to Tools > Keyboard Shortcuts. Select Product Area > View. In the Commands list scroll down to "Preview PDF" and validate that "F5" is the current shortcut. If it is not, re-assign it.

Steve

Level 2

I checked and it is already set in place as "F5".

Level 10

Hi,

I hope this helps...

A while back we have more than one browser running on our PC (IE, Firefox, Chrome) and we messed by how Acrobat views documents over the web.

I think that this has some relevance here, as around this time LC also started falling over previewing forms.

Now if we open LC and Acrobat is not running, the "Preview PDF" is not present or accessible. So now we fire up Acrobat before we open a form in LC Designer and the preview tab is there and functioning.

Not much of a workaround; but I am hoping that someone will have a better one!!!

Good luck,

Niall

Level 2

I believe I'm having problems with Acrobat 8 professional.  The installation seems to be corrupted, so I'm in the process of having it uninstalled and reinstalled.  Thanks for your responses and I'll keep you posted.