Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

Populating for copy/paste

RobertsGeekChic
Level 2
Level 2

Hi all,

I have a subform that is populated by a range of different areas of the form.  It's working perfectly but I need to be able to take the information and put it into something that can be easily copy and pasted into, lets say, Excel. 

I have tried Javascript's execDialog box which looks great but it doesn't allow the selection of text.  Same thing with the xfa.host.messageBox. 

I have tried a few of Javascript's window.open methods as well and that hasn't worked either.  I thought I might be able to open another window that displays the string. 

I even thought I could recreate it in a table and populate each field so it has great formatting but I can't figure out how to populate a text area (NOT a text field - that's easy but you still can't copy it!).

Please help!  This is the very last step of my project and I am at my deadline!

1 Reply
yodadobe
Level 6
Level 6

In the Calculate event of a text field, Language: JavaScipt

this.rawValue={Press Ctrl then click on first field you want the value from, release control}.rawValue+{repeat Ctrl click for each field}

You can also put html table tags into the text to get it to paste into rows and columns in Excel. http://w3schools.com/html/html_tables.asp