Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

PDF forms not displayed in IE8

Level 4

Hi!

IE8 is out and our portal based on LiveCycle workspace is unable to render PDF to clients. What I can do is switch IE8 to compatibility mode. But it don't seems to be good solution for this kind of product.

Also Firefox 3 has problem with submit buttons. I cannot say to my managers that people should use old browsers

Please let me know about some solution.

Thanks,

--- Jaroslav

4 Replies

Level 2

Has anyone else found a solution to this?

Having similar problems with IE8. Problems with IE7 not displaying updated information via a web service.

Level 4

The solution may be click "Compatibility" button in IE8. Or you can update *.html files in workspace-client.ear

Add this tag to every page:

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE7" />

This helps for IE8 successfully. How to solve disfunction with FireFox 3 I don't know. ;-(

Level 4

Problem with non updating task info is connected to JGroups in ALC server somehow. You can see the remoting communication is going well, but the workspace backend doesn't provide information. The working solution I have found is to restart server again and again and again.

--- Jaroslav

Former Community Member

Workspace and Acrobat do NOT get along with IE8, even in "compatibilty mode."  I've had a lot of session issues in Workspace running IE8 as well as PDF rendering issues.  I'm not saying it isn't possible to use IE8, but it may be easier to just switch browsers.  I've found IE7 and surprisingly Google Chrome 2.0 work very well with Workspace.

Ryan D. Lunka

Cardinal Solutions Group

rlunka@cardinalsolutions.com