Expand my Community achievements bar.

PDF form in Livecycle 8 -how to submit to multiple email addresses

Level 1

I tried searching the forums and the Internet and have tried a zillion solutions that don't work. I am sure I am missing something simple but I am trying to "fix" a form someone else made and I know little about coding or that stuff, so go easy on me! :^)

Anyway, I have a form with a "Submit by Email" button that currently goes to one e-mail address (set in the email address field in the object palette).

I need the form to go to an additional address. I don't care if it is listed separately, done as a cc or a bcc as long as it gets there!

I tried adding a second address right in that palette box separated by a semicolon or a comma, and that didn't work.

Then I found some instructions on changing the XML stuff, so I went in and tried a few things: adding the second e-mail separated by a semicolon right after the first (that sent it to "two" addresses, but both were xyz@loans.com, not the two different ones), separating them by commas (no luck), adding &cc or &bcc and the 2nd e-mail addy after the subject area ....

I'm out of ideas!

This is what I started with:

<

submit format="pdf" target="mailto:xyz@loans.com?subject=Loan Application" textEncoding="UTF-8"/>

Can anyone help me with that I need to type in to also get it to send to abc@loans.com?

Thanks much!

4 Replies

Level 6

Here is what I do....I will use regular button instead of "Email submit".

Then in Click event of the button use following JavaScript...

var sub

sub = "Subject Text"

var ebody

ebody = "email text that goes on body"

event.target.submitForm({cURL

:"mailto:email1@domain.com,email2@domain.com?cc=email3@domain.com&subject="+sub+"&body="+ebody,cSubmitAs:"PDF",cCharset:"utf-8"});

//you could replace PDF with XML will only send data instead of form.

Good Luck,

Level 1

Ok, I think I tried that correctly. I deleted the e-mail button, added a regular button, copied my data in where you showed and put it in the click area.

What it did was pop up an email with two addresses but BOTH are the 1st one, not the second. And it gives my PDF file (which I need PDF, not XML) a crazy string of letters/numbers instead of the actual file name like I have with just the one e-mail working now.

Where am I going wrong?

Thanks!

Former Community Member

If you want complete control over your PDF Form submissions, then you will need to submit to a server-side script:

Check out: http://www.pdfemail.net/

PDFEmail.net can send PDF submission e-mails to multiple recipients without the need for 3rd party client software such as Outlook.

Level 1

I had exactly the same problem in Designer and I resolved it by just putting in the e-mail addresses separated by a semi-colon ( ; ) . Works like a charm and I'm sending to 3 addresses at the same time.

Good luck