Expand my Community achievements bar.

Page break in table with dynamic number of columns

Level 1

Hi,

I have a table in which the number of columns is dynamic. If not all columns fit on one page, it should continue on the next page. (How this is also working for example in Excel printouts, if one sheet doesn't fit on one page. My page setup is landscape and all the subforms and the table are set to "Flowed".

Do I have to implement those kind of column page breaks by myself or is there a way to do that automatically, so it breaks, if a column does not fit on the page anymore?

Thank you for your help!

3 Replies

Level 1

Hi,

as nobody has answered to this yet, maybe I have to describe it a bit better:

From an external source I'm getting the data, how many columns should be printed on the page. My page is in a landscape layout, but as the number of columns could be more than 30, it will often not fit on one page.

I have created a table with a header and a body row. The header row contains a subform, for which I'm adding instances for each table column. This works fine! For each column record of my external source, a column is being created:

689128_pastedImage_0.png

The data rows would be shown under this header row, but I don't have any right now.

But what I need here is a page break, if the columns do not fit on this page (the outer edges). So in this case, the first page should show the table with the possible columns and then a new page should be created with the remaining columns, but showing the same rows, as the first page.

Can anybody tell me how I could set this up? Or do page breaks only work, if the bottom of a page has been reached?

Thank you very much for your help!

Best regards,

Arne

Level 1

Hi,

I am also facing the same issue. Can you provide the answer.

Srujan