Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Over ride the drop-down value?

Level 8

Hello,

I am developing an VISITOR Adobe Interactive Form, i have Designer 8.1 and Reader 9.0 in my Windows 7 Laptop. When i checked the menu EDIT-->form properties --> Compatability, its Adobe XML form File (XDP)

When i opened this VISITOR interactive form in a browser, right clicking and checked form PROPERTIES, then i saw the "PDF Version: 1.6 (Acrobat 7.x)"

I have a bunch of drop-downs in my interactive form, done by dragging & dropiing the 'Drop-down list' object, at the end i binded it with some data source, working fine, say its COUNTRY list.

As soon as use opened the form, he saw the 'USA' prepopulated in the drop-down field, fine.

User dropped down the entries, he saw a couple, like USA, Canada, UK, Spain, fine.

But, now user want to enter / override this USA entry with his own value, like FRANCE, but, my form is not allowing, its behaving like a 'readOnly' field!

Pls. let me know how to over ride a entry of drop-down values, as per user wanting value?

1 Reply

Level 4

Hello Srinivas,

You can overide the entry of drop-down list by:

selecting the "Allow Custom Text Entry" box of the field tab of the object palette

of that drop-down list.

Thanks,

Debadas.