while analyzing a customer installation of LiveCycle ES (8.2, JBoss, Solaris, Oracle DB) we have found out that this installation's GDS folder is continually increasing in size. This seems strange since there is only one long-lived service and some short-lived ones. Currently, there is NO active instance of any service and still no file is getting deleted.
When looking into one of the subfolders (docm*) there are a lot of files accompanied by additional files with a ".sessionWorkspace_TempDocs_DeleteMe" extension, like 58e344bb58f03d13169bc6aa4744684c.sessionWorkspace_TempDocs_DeleteMe. In that instance, by the way, the 58e344bb58f03d13169bc6aa4744684c actually seems to be a PDF file that has been rendered to display in LC Workspace.
The long-lived service connected to that is just using a Workspace-Endpoint, and once a form has been submitted there are NO additional human tasks, just some small operations. After that, the service completes. In adminui, there is no active or stalled service.
What might be the reason that those files are not getting deleted? Is it safe to remove them via script?
Any helpful advices would be most appreciated.
How many processes are there in the system that are in a 'COMPLETED' state? Can they be purged without contravening the customer's data retention policies?
there are > 90 completed process instances, and it would be OK to purge them.
Do you imply that if the Adobe purge utility is used to purge completed instances that the files would disappear?
In continuation with Steffen's post:
Need attention immediately.
We have around 6GB of *DeleteMe files in GlobalDocumentStorage directory and size is still increasing,
We have checked the database with below SQL statement:
SELECT id as PROCESS_ID, service_name as ORCHESTRATION_NAME, complete_time as COMPLETE_TIME FROM tb_process_instance ORDER BY complete_time;
There are only 2 processes.
We have followed the procedure provided in below link:
Also along with above commands we tried as per the readme of PurgeTool:
./ProcessPurge.sh category "http://[hostname]" administrator password any 1d
./ProcessPurge.sh category "http://[hostname]" administrator password any 1d completed_or_terminated include_children
This ProcessPurge.sh never takes "*" so we replaced it with any (as per readme of purgetool).
Every time it say process completed sucessfully but not deleting any file from GDS:
Output is always like below:
Number of processes successfully purged: 0. Number of processes failed to be purged: 0
Can someone please have a look of the issue and let us know, what need to be done in order to get rid of *deleteme files from GDS.
It is showing USAGE.
./ProcessPurge.sh category "http://hostname" administrator password "*" 1d
ERROR: Wrong age value: "ProcessPurge.sh". The age should be in one of the following formats: 366d | 12h | 3600s
USAGE: ProcessPurge process <soap_uri e.g. http://localhost:8080>;
<username> <password> <process_name> <version e.g. * | 1.* | 1.2>
<age e.g. 366d | 12h | 3600s> [<expression e.g. approved=true>]
OR: ProcessPurge category <soap_uri e.g. http://localhost:8080>;
<username> <password> <process_category> <age e.g. 366d | 12h | 3600s>
OR: ProcessPurge status <soap_uri e.g. http://localhost:8080>;
<username> <password> <job_id>
OR: ProcessPurge dispose <soap_uri e.g. http://localhost:8080>;
<username> <password> <job_id>
NOTE: Parameters containing spaces must be put in double quotes.
Some operating systems may also require parameters containing
special characters (like * or /) to be put in double quotes.
I'm just trying to help here. This is not part of my job to monitor these forums. I don't always have time to try everything.
Request: Call support!