Expand my Community achievements bar.

Opening PDF in IE "breaking" for loop

Level 4

Hi,

I have a dynamic PDF that is uploaded to a website.  When the PDF opens, the user has to fill in certain fields before clicking the "Next" button.  Upon clicking the Next button, I have a JavaScript function that sets certain fields access to required and then runs a for loop to check if any are empty.  The next event is setting those fields access back to optional. Lastly, a popup window refers the user to the empty fields (fields are shaded red, but not their borders).

The problem occurs for one user who is using IE9 and has Reader X installed on his machine.  It only occurs when he opens it directly with his browser, if he downloads it to his desktop first he encounters no problem.  But using the browser makes filling in the fields on Page 1 glitchy, and then the loop doesn't work properly when he hits "Next".  The event setting the fields back to optional doesn't seem to be firing, and the popup never comes up.  So he's left with fields with red borders-which should not be happening.

Any idea what could be causing this bug only when accessing via browser? I can't replicate the problem on any of my browsers, even after disabling Adobe add-ons in IE. 

Thanks for any suggestions!

0 Replies