Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Experience Manager Champion Program are open!

Open a dialog box at button click

Level 2

Hi,

I would like to be able to open a dialog box at a click of button from within my form.  In this dialog box, I would like to include two textboxes as placeholders for the username and password and a button that connects to an Oracle database for user input verification.

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

You can set these up in LC Designer however check out an Acrobat plugin called AcroDialog from Windjack Solutions (www.windjack.com) that makes it very simple. You create the dialogue in Acrobat and copy the javascript into the click event of the button in LC Designer.

19-11-2009 00-34-58.png

Good luck,

Niall

Level 2

Hi Niall,

That's a great plug-in and is what I'm looking for.  But unfortunately, if I choose to take this route, I will not be able to maintain it myself.  I was hoping to find a sample code instead. Thanks.

Level 10

Hi,

It is very handy! You can set it so that it is not pre-populated.

Dialogs were introduced in either Acrobat 6 or 7. If you get the Acrobat SDK from the Adobe website, it contains the syntax for writing code for dialogs. This will work in the button in LC Designer.

I am out today, but I think there is a method in LC Designer called "responseBox". Check help file.

Hopefully someone will have some examples. Good luck,

Niall