Expand my Community achievements bar.

One to Many Chat Client!

Level 1

Hi,

I had been trying to implement One to Many Chat functionality in one of my Flex Apps. After banging my head at so many places I finally came to know about Adobe LCCS and It seems to be doing the trick very well. However, I am facing some roadblocks in implementing this on my server. Would be really great if any of the experts out here can guide me in the appropriate direction.

Actually I am trying to make a platform where our agents will be answering to the queries of our end users in a real time. So in that case, I am planning to create a separate room for each of the agents. (We don't really need to create rooms dynamically as the number of agents is limited). Now after the end users have selected their preferred agent, I want them to be able to chat with that particular agent only. However, one agent should be able to talk to multiple end users at the same time.

I tried to use the simple chat component and that is working very smoothly. However I am facing problems with the default drop down menu that comes with it. I want the following to conditions to be satisfied...

1. If an agent logs in, he should be able to see all the users in the drop down menu, select the user and respond to his query with a private message. The current Simple Chat application does exactly the same. And we are fine till this point.

2. If an end user logs in, he should be able to see only the agent in that drop down menu and in fact the drop down menu should be disabled for him.

Tried to explore the things in the documentation and tutorials but I could not really figure out a way to do this. Is there a way to do it without really playing around with the source code.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Luck.

0 Replies