Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Non US date format within Workspace and Guides

Level 1

Is is possible to change the date format displayed within the workspace and Guides to a non US date format?

This really is a show stopper for us as our standard date format is DD/MM/YYYY and the forms won't be usable for our staff if they are not in this format.

3 Replies

Former Community Member

For Workspace, the date format strings are provided in the localized resource swfs so if you need to change them, can either update the resource swf in question, or possibly provide a new one for the locale you really want to service.  The shipping english swf is named workspace_rb_en_US.swf so maybe you want to provide another one with a different en_XX suffix.  The Workspace source is shipped with the product and I think the Customizing Workspace doc explains how to do this.  The ES2 version of the doc may not be ready yet, but the ES version should explain the concepts.  You may need a hotfix to get the proper ant scripts to build it, but you would have to check with support on this.

Level 1

Thanks Jon.

Is there any intention to supply more than the 4 included locales (US, DE, FR, JP)? Or is it because we only have the trial installed that there aren't more? (purchase order has gone through, we're awaiting delivery)

eg. especially for en_AU :-)

Former Community Member

I'm not aware of any planned extensions to the basic 4 localization we provide, but if there are any Product Managers monitoring this list, maybe they could chime in here.