Expand my Community achievements bar.

Non-Responsive Radio Buttons

Level 2

I have Radio Button group in a form.  The values are 'QUOTE' (value 1) or 'NO QUOTE' (value 2).  The button that is filled is dependent on a number of other fields in the form. The radio buttons initially did work, but after adding the signature verification code, only the 'NO QUOTE' field stays selected now.  Any ideas as to what causing this issue in my code?

//(Under the Calculate Event)

if (Row14.totalScore.rawValue >= 75)
    {
    decisionMatrix.approvalFrm.presence = "hidden";
    this.rawValue = 1;
    }
else if (Row14.totalScore.rawValue < 75 && Row14.totalScore.rawValue >= 40)
    {
    var getSigField1 = event.target.getField("form1[0].decisionMatrix[0].approvalFrm[0].SignatureField1[0]");
    var getSigField2 = event.target.getField("form1[0].decisionMatrix[0].approvalFrm[0].SignatureField2[0]");
    var getSigField3 = event.target.getField("form1[0].decisionMatrix[0].approvalFrm[0].SignatureField3[0]");
    var oState1 = getSigField1.signatureValidate();
    var oState2 = getSigField2.signatureValidate();
    var oState3 = getSigField3.signatureValidate();

// Get the current field's signed state.
    if (oState1 == 0 || oState2 == 0 || oState3 == 0)
    {
       decisionMatrix.approvalFrm.presence = "visible";
    this.rawValue = 2;
    }
    else
    {
    this.rawValue = 1;
    }
else
    {
    this.rawValue = 2;
    }

Another bit of information:  Before adding the signature verification code it also did not work until I swapped the presence and rawValue lines.  For example, when my code initially was arranged as follows:

{
     this.rawValue = 1;

}

else
     {
    this.rawValue = 2;

}

...The radio buttons would initiallize in the NO QUOTE state but both buttons would become blank once the totalScore reached 75 or above.  The problem was fixed when I re-arranged the code:

{

this.rawValue = 1;
     }

else
     {

this.rawValue = 2;
     }

Odd...

Any assistance is appreciated & thanks for taking a look at my problem.

2 Replies

Level 2

I've been messing arround with the various lines of code and it seems to be acting up when I introduce the following line into the code:

var oState1 = getSigField1.signatureValidate();

I am not sure what it is about this line but it is preventing of the 75 > x >= 40 statement to execute.  Any suggesstions?

Level 2

Tried approaching the problem with check boxes, instead of radio butons, with the same result...

Should something go in the parentheses of the line that's not working?:  var oState1 = getSigField1.signatureValidate();