Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.

New user trying to establish form restrictions

Level 1

I've researched these issues for several hours and have come up empty so I really hope you all can help me.

I have a form I'm designing with LC Designer 8.2.1 and Acrobat 9.5.2 Pro.

I need to be able to email this form to clients, have them fill it out and email it back.  We aren't doing and kind of server based data collection; it's an RMA form that they need in order to return equipment to be worked on so the form is "unit specific" in regards to what they are sending in.  (Model number and serial number specific)

Here's the problem - I do not want them to be able to save the form at all.  They are instructed to print a copy for their records and a copy to enclose with the equipment to be worked on.  We've had way too much trouble with "boiler plate" forms being submitted because the clients are saving the previous form.  This contributes to laziness and we wind up with equipment back to be worked on that does not have an accurate serial number, model number, problem description, etc.  The complete PDF gets attached as a file in our RMA tracking system.

If there isn't a way to prevent saving the form, is there a way that once they complete the form and print it or email it, it locks them from making changes?  If they realize they've made an error on the form, they will have to start over.

I have email and print buttons on the form for their use.  Most of (99.9%) our clients will use Acrobat Reader to open, fill out, print the form.  Is there anything I can do to prevent the saving of the form?

One other question I have is - When a customer calls our product support people for an RMA, they are issued a specific RMA number.  This number is setup as a required field in the form.  When they click on the "email form" button, I have it set using "mailto" using a regular button > (control type) submit and the "mailto" (mailto:chuck.nardone@emerson.com) as the URL > submit as PDF.  This way, I get the entire form back instead of just the xml data.  With all that being said, can I have the return email generate a specific subject line with the RMA number in it?

I am VERY new at LC and Acrobat, in fact, this is the first thing I've ever designed using Adobe products so a lot of the terminology is new to me.  Be kind... 

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

0 Replies