Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Need Java Script for check mark in drop down list

Level 1

I am working in livecycle creating a fillable form and I need to create a check mark in a drop down list. The list has other items which do not need the Java script. I  was told a check mark could be done with java script. I will also need to know which field to place the Java script?   Thanks

8 Replies

Former Community Member

Does the checkmark indicate  which item was selected or is it part of the string that makes up the selection?

Paul

Level 1

The check mark will be one of many selections in a drop down list for a column on a form.  The check mark does not indicate anything else.

Former Community Member

This will not be pretty.....-

The list must have a single font in it (you cannot change fonts part way through). So the font you choose must have a checkmark char available. You canot put an image in there either it must be text. So if you open a text editor (like Word) enter the text you want, then add a symbol (choose the same font that you are using in Designer), find the checkmark and insert it. Then copy and paste the string into the Dropdown preset values.

Paul

Level 1

Thanks, but I have tried that already...

I am not aware of any font other than wing dings that have a check mark. I went thru the charecter map on microsoft and looked thru a hundred or more fonts and found no check mark. Are you aware of any font that has the alphabet and a check mark? Other wise do you know the java script to make a check mark?  

Former Community Member

The Myriad Pro font has one ....the default font.

Paul

Level 1

I have typed every key and shifted and typed every key on my keyboard with the Myriad pro font in Livecycle, but there is no check mark.  The Microsoft Character Map and Microsoft Office donot have Myraid Pro, so there is no way for me to check there. How are you able to see or get that  check mark?   Maybe you can type and paste a check mark with the Myraid Pro in your next message, maybe I will be able to paste it in?

Level 1

I have found the Java code for a check mark   "\u2713"  but I dont know how to apply it to the drop down list on my form. Can you tell me how to apply it to my form?

Former Community Member

I simply opened up a new Word Doc and on the Insert menu added a Symbol. I chose the Myriad Pro Font ...and there it was.

üü

Paul