Expand my Community achievements bar.

Need Help as a First Time Starter

Level 1

Dear Sir

I am trying to create a form in Live Cycle and this is my first time

The issue are

• I have 2 fields Quantity and UnitPrice - I want to multiply both and get in the result in the Column Amount and is a normal integar fashion or a currency of my choice.
  • In case of either Quanity or UnitPrice missing the Amount should be left blank and the Quanity and UnitPrice should show as a Null value even the 0 should not be displayed, In case a person does not fill the quanity figure the form is not complete.
  • In another field suppose i choose a item from a drop down list, i want to generate auto number starting with a particular series like K001 or FNB001 or HK001 in the codes column which is totally seperate.

If you need to see the form i can send the same to any email, please advise this will be very helpful

rgds

anshul

4 Replies

Level 9

Hi Anshul,

You can do a bit of scripting to get the total price. You can pu the script in the calculate event of the total price.

if (Quantity.rawValue != null && UnitPrice.rawValue != null )

{

TotalPrice.rawValue = Quantity.rawValue * UnitPrice.rawValue;

}

else

{

TotalPrice.rawValue = null;

}

Incase of the DropDown do you want every time something is selected it will create/increment some value ? Could you please elaborate on this ?

Thanks,

Bibhu.

Level 1

Dear Bikhu

Thanks for helping however since its my first time and I don’t know where to enter this script and I want to ensure to use it again and again here is form for you to see.

The issues I want sorted ARE

1. Qty and Approx Unit Price to be multiplied to get the Amount.

2. Currency for Approx Unit Price should be as a choice like uSD, EURO, Rs, and The Amount should come in the same manner

3. When some one chooses a Department like Kitchen the Code No should come as K001, K002 etc in case of Housekeeping it should be HK001 and so on. How do we do so.?

4. I want a choice to submit the form by email to various people for approval, like GM or HOD etc

Please teach me how to do this so I can start to create other forms as well

Rgds

Anshul Bhargava • Director Purchase

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jaipur

p: +91 (141) 403-3300 f: +91 (141) 403-3333

c: + 91 98285-00999 e: purchase.jaipur@cisindia.com

MI Road, Khasa Kothi Circle, Jaipur, Rajasthan 302001

Countryinns.com/(www.countryinns.com/jaipurin)

Find Us Online:

Facebook twitter Blog

Level 9

Hi Anshul,

It seems that you need to put some time in learning LiveCycle ans scripting. There are plenty of resources available on internet. You can use them.

Good Luck.

Bibhu.

Level 1

Dear Bibhu

That is why I ask for help. I am the first time starter on this and I have to create a lot of forms for the hotels now under me.

Rgds

Anshul Bhargava • Director Purchase

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jaipur

p: +91 (141) 403-3300 f: +91 (141) 403-3333

c: + 91 98285-00999 e: purchase.jaipur@cisindia.com

MI Road, Khasa Kothi Circle, Jaipur, Rajasthan 302001

Countryinns.com/(www.countryinns.com/jaipurin)

Find Us Online:

Facebook twitter Blog