Expand my Community achievements bar.

Multicast and WebcamSubscriber issues for 10.1

Level 2

Hi,

I'm trying to subclass WebcamSubscriber in 10.1 lib to create a custom video subscriber.

When multicast is on, a subclass of WebcamSubscriber for flash 10.1 does not always act as expected. Specially, after playing a stream, it does not seem to send a "NetStream.Play.Start" event.

Since the 10.1 lccs library is not open source (why?), the best I could do was by subclassing and overriding, here is a simple test to reconstruct the problem:

public class TestSub extends WebcamSubscriber {

public function TestSub() { super(); }

override protected function onNetStatus(e:NetStatusEvent):void {

trace(">> onNetStatus: " + e.info.code);

super.onNetStatus(e);

}

}

Given the above code, a full cycle events of a subscriber in a p2p state (multicast = true) is like this:

>> onNetStatus: NetGroup.Neighbor.Connect

>> onNetStatus: NetGroup.MulticastStream.PublishNotify

>> onNetStatus: NetStream.MulticastStream.Reset

>> onNetStatus: NetGroup.MulticastStream.UnpublishNotify

>> onNetStatus: NetGroup.Neighbor.Disconnect

The above shows a publisher playing an stream, waiting for some time and then closing the connection.

The question is: why is that the 10.1 version never sends a "NetStream.Play.Start" event in the p2p state?

The problem could be traced to WebcamSubscriber#playStream(), but the source code for 10.1 is not available. Also when I tried overriding playStream() using the code in 10.0 lib, I got a peer timeout message. Is the code for WebcamSubscriber#playStream() in 10.0 the same as 10.1?

5 Replies

Level 2

I can confirm that lccs lib for player 10.0 does not have the above issue, this should be a bug in lccs lib for player 10.1.

Employee

Could you do one more test ? (maybe it's implied in your posts already)

Can you try to run your application linked to the 10.1 LCCS lib on a machine that only has FlashPlayer 10.0 installed ? This would tell us if the bug is in the LCCS library or the FlashPlayer. Again, maybe you already did this test, but if not it would help us correctly address the problem.

Level 2

Can an application which is linked to lccs for player 10.1, run on a 10.0 player?

This sounds like a problem in lccs. Could you check the difference in code in WebcamSubscriber#playStream() between 10.0 and 10.1? (I cannot do this as 10.1 is not open source.) Whatever the problem is, it's initiated from that method.

Level 2

lccs team: any updates on the above problem?

Former Community Member

Can you give us a better idea of what you're trying to accomplish? What's

the need for Play.start?

I think Hironmay has details on when we're planning to release the 10.1

source (we were waiting for the codebase to stabilize a little more before

releasing it). He might not be answering you though, due to your amazing

social skills.

nigel