Expand my Community achievements bar.

Missing .xsd file error!

Level 1

Hi

i am trying to open an pdf file created in livecycle designer es 8.2  with livecycle designer es2 9.0.

at first it displays a windows that says it cannot find .\141.xsd

after that it asks if i want to remove usage rights and i click yes, and the document opens with some pages missing content and instead of the content a little box in the corner with an "i" information mark. when i hover it it says "fragment reference has property overrides" and that it has local overrides to one or more properties of the source fragment.

why is this happening and is there something i cand do to solve it? i need to make a change(which i actually did in the document and then save it as pdf with no pages missing. so the problem are those errors and the missing data.

thank you

3 Replies

Level 10

I observed three issues from your explanation.

1. XSD file not found.

Possible reason: The Schema definition file referenced in the Data Connection section is not available in the expected location.

The path ".\141.xsd" means your XSD file must be placed in the same folder where the form is saved.

Make sure to place the file in the current folder which will resolve this problem.

2. Removing usage rights - This is quite common message. It is not possible to edit a Reader Extended PDF. So, the designer will remove the extension in order to proceed. You will have to apply the Usage Rights (Reader Extensions) after making the necessary corrections to the PDF.

3. Fragment misplaced - Locate your fragment path and replace it in the poper place.

"missing data"??

You cannot view the data entered into the PDFwhile editing. You can only view data for the fields those have default values specified.

Nith

Level 1

thanks for the feedback,

the problem is i didn't create the file. i downloaded it from the internet and i needed to modify something but it had protection. and so i tried to open it with livecycle.

so basically without the source files or dependencies i cant solve the problem, right?

Level 10

Yes, without dependency files, your form may not loaded properly.

One thing what you can try is, download the XSD file from the same location. (I'm not sure if it's possible to download)

Nith