Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

maintain email functionality when submitting forms

Level 1

I have created several forms to be used internally at my company.  The forms provide information about a job and what is required to be worked on.  I have the forms set up to include a submit button and once pressed the form is attached to an email as a PDF. A new email is populated with the attachment and my return email address, my problem is that once this new email is populated the end-user is unable to access there other emails to pull attachments or information from.  Is there a way to allow the end-user to maintain complete functionality with thier inbox while composing the email with the attached form?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

That depends entirely on what email client application you're using. Once the Email submit button is pressed Acrobat hands over the pdf with any other content to the operating system which then turns around and finds your default email client and hands it over to it. So unfortunately to answer your question would require a knowledge of your email client and not so much Designer/Acrobat.

Kyle

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 8

That depends entirely on what email client application you're using. Once the Email submit button is pressed Acrobat hands over the pdf with any other content to the operating system which then turns around and finds your default email client and hands it over to it. So unfortunately to answer your question would require a knowledge of your email client and not so much Designer/Acrobat.

Kyle

Level 1

Thanks Kyle, at least now I won't be looking in the wrong place.