Expand my Community achievements bar.

Logitech TV Cam Not Starting with Google TV

Level 1

I was able to login my first room from Google TV, but when I went to start my webcam I was unable to start the Logitech TV Cam. Any idea if there is support for this camera ( it is the camera accessory listed for all the Logitech Revues given away at MAX this year ) ?

Richard

5 Replies

Employee

We didn't get any of the toys you got at MAX (still upset about that:)) so I can't really try.

The FlashPlayer in the GoogleTV is currently a beta so it could be that some features are still missing or not working correctly. I'll see if I can find the release notes anywere and what they say. If it is supposed to work we can file a bug.

Former Community Member

Hi,

Can you try any another type of camera ? Also, if the camera doesn't

work, can you mail to player team forum whether camera works on not. We

don't have any camera specific code and if player supports it, it should

be fine.

So, this could well be a bug

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

Level 1

I just tried the Logitech Vision Pro, a UVC camera for the Mac (works with Windows as well), but it did not connect to the webcam pod. It is advertised to work with the Logitech Vid application. That application comes installed with Google TV. I also tried a Microsoft Lifecam HD without success.

The Android version on Google TV is 2.1 I believe. Will the Flash Player for Android support that version? Looks like 2.2 is the target of the 10.1 beta.

Employee

I don't have a definitive answer yet, but it looks like this version of GoogleTV  doesn't support accessing the camera from the FlashPlayer. This will be fixed in a future update of the software.

Level 1

At this time, the Logitech TV Cam is the only camera compatible with the Logitech Vid app that comes pre-installed on Logitech Revue with Google TV.  The Vid application should launch when you plug in the camera; if not, try restarting the Revue box and plugging in the camera again.  The TV Cam cannot be accessed from other applications at this time.