Expand my Community achievements bar.

LiveCycle Workbench ES2 - restricting application access

Level 1

Hello,

We have several developer groups accessing different applications within Workbench ES2 (9.5).  We are trying to restrict access to applications so that only the appropriate development groups have read/write access to their Workbench applications.  We have tried using the "manage access" feature of Workbench but it does not work at all (click show remote resources button and then right click on any application and then click manage access).  We have a long standing case open with Adobe to resolve this but in the meantime I am wondering:

1.  Does anyone out there successfully use this Workbench feature to restrict access to applications?

2.  Could anyone suggest an alternative to the manage access feature to restrict access?

It is my understanding that prior to the current release of Workbench there was a repository of sorts in Workbench where you could create folders and then secure anything in those folders by users/groups.  This was accessed using the “resources” tab.  Sure wish that functionality still existed!

Thanks in advance for any and all help/advice.

2 Replies

Level 9

Hi,

I have asked the same question in this forum. What endpoint are you using? Workspace?? The problem with workspace is that anyone can view the process. And the start process doesnot restrict access to a particular user/ groups.

If you are using a PDF form then you can restrict the access by providing a docReady password. So that anyone can see the process. But the one who knows the password can access it and start the process.

Yes. I have also tries the "manage access" option. It also does not work in my case.

Thanks,

Bibhu.

Level 1

Here is documentation on doing so, the steps are described under the "Managing user access to applications" sub-heading:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/10.0/WorkbenchHelp/WS92d06802c76abadb7e4e0266128402897ed-7ffa....

Here is a few thing to keep in mind:

- If the users accessing the application have the "Application Administrator" role assigned in adminui, this will not have any effect.

- This will only allow the users to fetch the application to which they have access from the server, local copies of the application before this access change is applied can cause errors.

- You should be managing these access rights while logged in as an Administrator, or Application Administrator in Workbench.