Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

LiveCycle ES 9.1

Former Community Member

I just have a couple questions for anyone who might have the answer.  My PC Resources Department recently received the software and links to install LiveCycle ES 9.1.  However, they did not receive any instructions on how the software was to be loaded.  The person at my company who knew all about this software left the company about a year ago.  Also, I asked them specifically about the Reader Extensions part of LiveCycle ES and they could not find a file with that specific name on it.  My questions for you are:

Is Reader Extensions a part of LiveCycle ES 9.1?  If so, what is the actual file name in the install package?  Can I install only the Reader Extensions on my computer (I already have LiveCycle Designer 9.0)?

One more question:  Where can we go to get instructions on how to install this software?

Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

1 Reply

Former Community Member

Hi AuntDi3,

The easiest way to install a LiveCycle ES2 Server is to use turnkey installation. It'll install a jboss server with mySQL all ready to use.

After you install it, it'll ask you if you want to launch the configuration manager. It is used to configure your server (ie : define which modules to install, in your case ReaderExtensions, configure them, etc.)

Here's a link to easily install the turnkey LCES2 : http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/9.0/install_jboss.pdf

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Thomas