Expand my Community achievements bar.

Livecycle Doesn't Recognize .eps Files

Level 3

Can anyone tell me how to get Livecycle to recognize an eps file? The help system says that you can embed eps images, but it doesn't actually work at all. I want to use a vector file for our company logo- rasterized logos look nasty.

Many thanks,

Newbie Wildau

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

I can't test now, but generally LCD Designer is limited as to what image formats that can be linked to an image/imageField object.

I can't remember if .eps images can be used, but if it can it would need to be RGB format. Designer does not support CMYK.

Hope that helps,

Niall

Former Community Member

I just tried it in one of my files and it does work with eps files. Did you remember to embed the image in the Object panel? I know that if I don't, when I open the form in Reader, it's gone.....

Level 3

Thank you for the replies!

The LiveCycle documentation and help system both say that you can embed eps files, but when I browse to embed the image in the object panel, LC doesn't "see" the file in the directory. I saved out an RGB version of it (it is actually grayscale), still doesn't show. It "sees" tiffs and other raster formats, but no vector files.

My temporary fix is to use a high-res bitmap (I haven't yet learned how to keep other raster types from downsampling into oblivion), but it's still not as nice as a vector image. I do plan to start reading the Acrobat Forms/LiveCycle Bible over the weekend.

I have noticed other users have had this problem, it seems like mostly in the more recent version(s).

Many thanks again,

Newbie Wildau

Level 10

It should see eps files.

I've found though that they don't work very well - only the preview seems to print - so you're better off with a hi-res bitmap format.