Expand my Community achievements bar.

[LiveCycle Designer] Send Field Value with FDF Response

Level 2

Hiya. I'm trying to send two FDF responses, a status message and a field/pair value, from a PHP script that has processed a HTTP POST. The status message is sent to the form successfully, but the field value is not sent to a form created in LiveCycle Designer (ES4 Version 11). Here's what I have:

<?php

header('Content-type: application/vnd.fdf');

// read and store the data however you want

// reply with some FDF data

echo <<<RESPONSE

%FDF-1.2

1 0 obj

<< /FDF <<

/Status (Wham bam! Journal data sent electronically. Save a copy of this PDF for your records.)

/Fields [ <</T(batchnum)/V(testt)>> ]

>>

>>

endobj

trailer

<< /Root 1 0 R >>

%%EOF

RESPONSE;

?>

<?php

I think I have tried the gamut, removed "!", "copy", "for" from the status message; adding quotes, single and double, as well as ``; spacing; changing and verifying field names; send only the /Status and sending only /Fields (btw no errors while is still not sent); and on. Additionally, the above PHP code works perfectly, sending both status and fields, on a form created in Acrobat Pro XI. But no success in LiveCycle where I need the form created to dynamically manage rows and such. Ideas? Anyone?

7 Replies

Level 7

It looks like the FDF you've written was designed for an AcroForm. You can still use a FDF on a XFA form, but it has to be done a bit differently. Use JavaScipt inside the FDF to set your fields. E.g.:

%FDF-1.2

1 0 obj

<<

/FDF

<<

/JavaScript << /After (FieldIWantTomodify.rawValue = ("My new value");) >>

>>

>>

endobj

trailer

<<

/Root 1 0 R

>>

%%EOF

Level 2

Yep. Yep. Thanks! Am I missing something?

Level 2

Above does not work. Any other suggestions?

Level 7

Did you change the JavaScript to update your fields?

Level 2

Replaced my code with yours and updated with my fieldname. Tried formatting field name various ways. No luck. assort error codes include  field name not defined, expecting ;