Expand my Community achievements bar.

Livecycle Designer form distribution - bound fields blank

Level 1

PDF forms created in Livecycle  Designer have bindings of some form fields and an XML data source  (Livecycle Preview looks great).  When I make  user-like data entry into  the form as it is displayed in Lifecycle  Preview, it behaves as I  would expect at the user end after distribution . When submitted  from  Livecycle Preview it generates an email with an attached XML  document  representative of the entered data. My problem is that  switching back  to the Livecycle  Design, saving the form, closing  Livecycle, opening  the form in Adobe Acrobat 8, enabling usage rights in  Adobe Reader ,  and finally distributing the document, it arrives at the  user end and  is displayed as it is in Livecycle Design View (None of the bound fields  are visible and the flowable form is not "flowed". I looks exactly like  the Licecycle Design View.

4 Replies

Former Community Member

Hi,

try these things:

1. File -> Form Properties -> Defaults (Tab)-> Target version: choose the form to run in:

select Acrobat and adobe 8.0 or later

2.  In the same tab,  Select PDF render format: Dynamic XML form

This may help u in seeing the dynamic form when opened in Acrobat.

Regards,

kc

Level 2

Additionally, please also verify that the "save as type" is set to "Adobe Dynamic XML Form (*.pdf)" when saving the PDF.

Hope it helps.

Level 1

I was finally able to get this to work, however, when the user submits a completed form, how can I get an xml attachment rather than pdf? I want to automate the processing of the form for subsequent update to a database.

Level 1

Thanks ,,, I've got the entire solotion working now.