Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

LC PDF-G ES 2 and Acro Pro Extended 9.3

Level 3

Hello Everybody,

Do you know if we can upgrade Acrobat Pro Extended 9.2 to 9.3 in a server with LC PDF-G ES 2?

Thanks,

Carlos

6 Replies

Level 2

Could somebody answer this question. Up to now everybody points to the install guide which refers to 9.2 only.

Keep in mind that this is a crucial question for partners. If they are already on 9.3 they will have to install 9.0 and as the update only allows to go to 9.3 directly they would have to manually find (hard on adobe.com) the procedure to install 9.1, 9.1.2 (but never 9.1.3 else you have to go back to 9.0 again) and then 9.2. If 9.3 would work we therefore should know this asap.

Level 3

Hi,

I've installed LC ES 2 full on top of Win 2008 R2 in my T61P with Acrobat 9.3.

PDF-G is working good...

Regards,

Carlos

Level 1

Same environment/same experience here. Without seeing the exact list of 9.2 -> 9.3 fixes, I'm guessing most, if not all, are security, viewing, or user experience issues. I would be surprised to see that they did much to the PDF Generation/Conversion features of Acrobat that PDFG would use.

Level 8

We're waiting on testing results for 9.3, as soon as they're complete the web site will be updated to reflect support for 9.3 (or not as the case may be).

Level 2

A partner reported that the Configuration Manager will not allow you to proceed if you don't have Apex 9.2 installed; thus we will have to change Conf. Manager too.

Level 8

That makes no sense Gunther, I just ran a quick test.  You do have to click the test button once the test is complete you can click next.