Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

LC crashes when I open the XML

Level 2

My form is loading slower and slower which I'm suspecting that my xml is bloated.  However when I attempt to view the xml I receive a runtime error and livecycle crashes.  Is there a way that I can fix this?

5 Replies

Former Community Member

Can you send the file to LiveCycle8@gmail.com and I wil have a look ...please include a description of  the issue.

Paul

Level 2

I was able to locate the file that you spoke of, but I'm not exactly clear on how you solved this.  If you could futher instructions, so that I can solve this riddle when I have to create another form.

Former Community Member

Simply by opening it in a newer version of Designer solves the issue. You will not have this issue with every form you build.

It only happens if you copy and paste alot.

Paul

Level 2

I know this is an older thread but for anyone out there who

still has this issue (as I did) here is the problem.

For some reason, the program repeats a line of the code or copies it so that it's there again and again to the point where that same line occurs hundreds or thousands of times. This will immediately be obvious if you look at the "XML Source" tab in LiveCycle when you scroll down and have 500 pages of the same line.

This is the line that kept repeating for me:

<?templateDesigner StyleID aped2?>

I had a hundred thousand lines or so of this clogging up my form. Once I got rid of them the problems went away. I don't know if others will have the same problem or not but I just deleted all but one of these wherever it occured and it was fixed. Somewhere in the settings you can turn on the lines for the XML editor in LiveCycle and I suggest doing so. A regular, no frills document will probably be under 800 lines so it's easy to get a handle on about how many your document should have. Pictures will lengthen your XML though so keep that in mind if you choose to check this. If the XML tab doesn't show up next to the "Master Pages" tab or the regular tab, you can right-click to the right of those tabs and check XML Source to have the tab show up.

This solution is for the 8.2 version. You should only do this if you can't open the document in a newer version of this program.

Good luck to anyone having trouble.