Expand my Community achievements bar.

Keeping row with input field

Level 2

I'm creating a dynamic form that involves a lot of inputs from the end user which is going to include both images and text. I can make the fields expand and add/delete fields, and the assorted rows move to new pages as I need. The problem comes when an input field is forced to the next page before its respective caption row.

A single caption row in this case includes a text field and two buttons (for adding and deleting input rows). I know the text field can be set to stay with the button that comes after it, but I can't figure out how to make the buttons link to the input row so that the entire caption row moves with said field. I'm sure there's some JavaScript trick I could use to make this happen, but I haven't been able to find it so far.

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

I'm not sure I'm understanding the structure of your form.  Would it be possible to include some screen shots showing the hierarchy palette, or maybe even a link to your form.  If you upload your form to a file sharing site they add a link to it here we can have a look.

Regards

Bruce

Level 2

I'm willing to share some images with the information redacted. In case more is needed, is there a particular file sharing site you'd recommend?

Below are the two fields I'm working on. I've successfully managed to get the buttons to add or delete rows as the user requires in order to expand the form. This was done using .addInstance(1) and .removeInstance(this.parent.index).

Sample03.png

The problem comes when I reach a page break. If the user applies just enough rows of the Field Failure Description, the Field Symptom Summary caption gets separated from its input fields, like so:

Sample01.png

I know I can put the input field in a separate subform and check Keep with Previous, but this creates the new problem of the entire Field Symptom Summary section jumping pages if even one row breaks from the page, which is not what I want.

The ideal situation is to have A) the caption stay with the first row when it jumps pages, and B) for the caption to also appear at the top of the next page if the resulting table is split across two pages.

As requested, below is a view of my hierarchy as it stands. The form is much larger and more complicated than this, but so far this is the only thing I haven't been able to figure out on my own.

Sample02.png

Level 10

Hi again,

Maybe you would be better implementing your form using the table object.  This would give you the option to Include Header Row In Subsequent Pages.

Hopefully this sample will give you and idea of what it would look like

https://sites.google.com/site/livecycledesignercookbooks/home/IncludeHeaderRowInSubsequentPages.pdf?...

Regards

Bruce