Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

javascript with dropdown lists

Level 4

good morning everyone,

I'm playing around today with JavaScript code to add an "item" to my dropdown list if a certain condition is met.

The code seams to work if preview mode, but when I go back to designer mode and preview again, the item isn't really saved as an item of that dropdown list object, what am I doing wrong here?

Here is code:

If (d2 > tmpAprildate){

xfa.host.messageBox("its greater then April 1st.");

//add to dropdown list

DropDownList1.addItem(curfy);

}else{

//do nothing

}

so I can see it being added to my drop list just by looking into it. But if I leave and come back, it needs to be added again as it didn't really save it

Thank you very much for your help again with this

Patrick

5 Replies

Level 7

when you add an item to a drop down using a script as you've done, it will not get added to the object in design view. It is added in real time.

Level 4

I see,

Is there anyway for me to code this differently so that it stays with the object after it's added?

I'm trying to build a Fiscal Year drop-down list that automatically updates itself once i year.

Thanks

Level 7

Not sure what you mean. Can you explain what you want to do. That will help

Level 10

The PDF-Preview creates a new temporary PDF file everytime you use it to view your form design.

That's why your always start with an empty dropdown.

Level 4

thanks guys,

I now have something i can work with. I modified code to be set in the initialize phase so that i populate those with new data at that point.

My Fiscal year field now works