Expand my Community achievements bar.

Issues setting up a DDX file in Document Builder in Livecycle ES2

Level 2

I am currently trying to create a DDX document in ES2's document builder, according to the tutorial at this URL:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/9.0/workbenchHelp/help.htm?content=003662.html#1555309

I'm basically trying to render an XDP("myForm") by inserting fragments that I have specified("Fragment1") into the form.

Now, the example I mentioned above tells me to specify a source for my XDP content(which I assume is the folder where my fragments are kept), an insertion point for the fragment(which I again assume that it means the name of the subform of "myForm" where the fragment is to be inserted, which I have named "subForm1").

Then there is the fragment name, which I have specified as "Fragment1".

The DDX file validates fine, but when I try to preview the result, it firstly throws an 'xfa error' when I try to view it in the browser, and when I save the file and open it in designer it doesnt have the fragment inserted into it; just the base XDP form.

I am seriously struggling to find any help on this subject, so if anyone knows how to help, please do....

Regards

Ross Malan

1 Reply

Level 2

OK, found the solution.

I was missing the insertion point on the base document. All you do is specify a subform on the document inside designer as an insertion point, under the object tab, and then give it a name. Then you use that name again when specifying the insertion point for the XDP content in the document builder in workbench.

After that, the PDF should be generated with the fragments you specify.