Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Issues adding pages

Level 1

So I'm trying to add pages to a PDF originally created in LiveCycle.  All I need to do is add pages so that I can Replace Artwork to make all the field line up.  So I copied the pages I needed going from 40 pages to 43 in the Design View Hierarchy but when I save it and open it with Adobe, or look in the Preview PDF tab, the PDF still only has 40 pages.  How can I make the number of pages in Preview PDF match the number of pages in Design View.

***DISCLAIMER***

I've tried to edit the form in Adobe Acrobat Pro but it tells me that I have to use LiveCycle.

7 Replies

Level 10

Hi, can you add a screenshot of the hierarchy palette, showing what you have tried to add.Are you adding master pages or body pages?

Level 1

Hierarchy.png

So the original program is 40 pages long.  I realized, after you asked if I was adding master or body pages, that there's no option to even add pages.  I duplicated page 16 three times and renumbered the pages on the Hierarchy.  This just pushed the coding on each subsequent page down to the next page (the text boxes and coding on page 40 became 43) but the images weren't moved so they just became the overlay of blank pages (41-43 have all the coding/text boxes that 38-40 had but none of the original text on those pages)

Level 10

This looks to me like the form was created in another program, like inDesign, and imported into Designer?  If so you might have to make the changes to the original inDesign document.  The images of the fields are like an background artwork.

Level 1

Yes, it does act like the background is an image with the editable fields as an overlay.  So I can't add/delete pages from the document as is?

If that's the case would I be able to, if I could figure out which program it was originally designed in, use that program to make the corrections I need to make?

Also...how can I figure out which program it was created in.  I was told by the person who put it together that he did it in Adobe Pro a long time ago, probably before LiveCycle was taken out of it.  But when I try to edit it in Adobe Pro I get the error message:

This form cannot be edited in Adobe Acrobat.  Please use Adobe LiveCycle Designer to edit this form.

Level 10

It does sound like you should make the changes in the original program. It looks like a large form to be building from scratch in a Designer, which is what I would have suggeste.

If you don’t have the orginal PDF to edit maybe you can try printing to PDF to generate one that Acrobat can edit

Level 1

Is there anyway I can convert it and keep all of the fields as is? 

Level 10

I don't have a lot of experience with importing forms from other products, I normally start from scratch in Designer.  But, I don't believe there is.