Expand my Community achievements bar.

Issue with hidden subforms and fields becoming visible when scrolling

Level 3

Hi all:

Was testing an XFA form on a 13" macbook air when I noticed something odd: Page 1 (which had a presence of "hidden") became visible on-screen when scrolling down Page 2, which was set to visible.  For lack of a better description, Page 1 "bled through" the currently visible page but then disappeared after the scrolling action was complete.

Here was the sequence:

- FYI: 4 pages in the form; only one page is visible at a time. When the document opens, Page 1 is visible and all the others are hidden.

- Opened on a MAC with Reader XI

- Answered questions on Page 1 and clicked a "next" button which set Page1 to hidden and Page 2 to visible;

- I zoomed in for a better view on Page 2 (again Pages 1, 3,4 are all "hidden" at this point)

- When I placed two-fingers on the track pad and scrolled down, the bottom of hidden PAGE 1 was revealed during the scroll, not the bottom of Page 2.

- When I lifted my fingers OFF the track pad, the bottom portion of Page 1 that became visible while scrolling disappeared and was replaced by the bottom of Page 2.

Same thing happened with pages 3 & 4.  If I zoom in and scroll up, down, left or right using the track pad, Page 1 (even though it is set to hidden) "bleeds through" during the scroll and then disappears when fingers are lifted off the track pad.

I've done some testing and it happens on Macs running Reader.  Mac with Acrobat and PCs with either Acrobat or Reader appear to be fine but not finished testing.

Made a simple working example.  Again, be sure to open on a Mac with Reader if you want to see it happen. https://www.dropbox.com/s/jnf4uxntuzvrk7p/bleed%20through%20tests.pdf?dl=0

Has anyone else experienced this?? How can we stop it from happening as it is extremely confusing to the end-user to have two different pages mixing together when scrolling.

Thanks much.

Brian

1 Reply

Level 3

Just reaching out to the community again on this.  Any thoughts or similar experiences?

FYI, I tested the new Reader DC for this issue yesterday and it's still there.  Hidden pages still bleed through.