Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Issue submitting PDF to adobe livecycle REST url

Level 2

I am trying to submit (as a PDF) a document to a REST url (a long lived adobe livecycle process). When I open the PDF via internet explorer and submit, it does not seem to do anything. Does anyone know why and how I can get around it?

9 Replies

Employee Advisor

are you using Reader to submit? if yes did you apply reader extensions to submit the pdf?

Level 2

I am opening the document  in internet explorer (which is how users will access the PDF). Yes, the document has reader extensions applied.

Level 6

May be check the authentication for the process you are accessing.

1. Check the REST URL: use this directly in IE, it should return process ID, bcz its long-lived process, also record this process. If  the URL you are using is correct this check will be pass.

2. Authentication: The process by default requires authentication when accessing from outside workbench or from other sources.

Steps to disable Authentication: From AdminUI Go browse to--- Home > Services > Applications and Services > Service Management > "process name" > Security TAB - configure not to ask for authentication.

Require callers to authenticate : Select NO and CHECK "

After submit any log on server for this submission? If you already done these steps may be need more details.

-Raghu.

Level 2

The authentication is set to NO.

When I open the PDF in adobe reader and submit, it submits to the REST url, but when I open the PDF in internet explorer and submit, it doesn't hit the REST url. Most of our users will access our intranet and open the PDF in internet explorer, so I need it to work both ways (opening with reader or via internet explorer). Also wanted to add that the PDF does have electronic signatures, so it submits to the REST url as a PDF.

Thanks.

Level 6

This issue we had when submissions from outside of the network. LiveCycle server on some company/organization network, but not all the submissions will be from with in the company/organization network. If this is the case even we turn of the authentication we cannot access the URL from outside network. To resolve this, open as public URL for this process: The same server can be accessed by some other name which will not ask any type of  authentication or security. with this we can submit from anywhere. This is way we chose for one process as this is the registration process which can be accessed by any one. In our case the issue is  company/organization security/firewal blocks any request without proper authentication.

Level 2

I am submitting it within the network. Like I said, when I open the PDF in Reader and submit, the submit goes through. When I open the PDF using internet explorer, I get an http 403. Am I supposed to submit to something other than the REST url if submitting via internet explorer?

Level 6

I am using REST URL in both ways and i have no issues with it. Here the PDF i am using while submit thru browser will generate on the fly and its resides on LC server.

In your case the pdf via browser is resides on local machine or generates on demand?

I am able to reproduce your issue. When open the pdf with Google Chrome it is working as expected and the same pdf in IE its throwing HTTP 403. In both cases the PDF is on local machine.

Level 2

The PDF I submit resides on my local machine.

I am not sure I understand what you mean by "Here the PDF i am using while submit thru browser will generate on the fly and its resides on LC server." I am not sure how to do that. How do you generate on the fly? What do you mean when you say it resides on the LC server? Why do you have to generate it if it already exists on the LC server?

I will try it out with Google chrome. Any ideas on why it throws the HTTP 403 on IE?

Thanks,

Ravi.

Level 6

Here are the details for the above question. We render/generate a pdf using LiveCycle process, the rendered pdf will be on server side and can be accessible for certain period of time, this is the configuration setting on adminUI.

In my project we are not distributing a form up front and submit later at any time. We are generating/rendering the pdf on demand using the data from the application while submitting the rendered pdf we are invoking REST URL for one of the flows. In this case the pdf already on the server side, so it will not requires any authentication to invoke any of the process.

I got error trace of below while submit thru IE using the local machine pdf. So please check your server log for more details specific to your issue.

CSRFFilter    W   Blocked request for resource:/soap/services/poc_cthix/processes/testlc due to invalid referer:file:///c:/users/rnagireddy/desktop/newel1305e.pdf. More information is available at http://www.adobe.com/go/learn_dep_hardening_10