Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Is there a way to include a confirmation message when a form is successfully submitted?

Level 2

I have a form that uses both a regular button with javascript, and e-mail submit buttons (depending on which action on the form the user is trying to complete)...

I'm trying to find a way to confirm to the user that their form has been submitted. Since the form stays open after the e-mail is sent, I have several customers who submit the same form several times (15 in one severe case ) which is causing things to gum up a bit.

Alternatively, if there's a way to get the form to close once the button is clicked and/or the e-mail is sent, that would work just as well.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me

6 Replies

Level 3

Don't use email. Submit to a server and let the server return a response.

Level 2

Unfortunately, I don't have that luxury (i.e., I don't have access to a server to which I can submit)... Almost everything I use is third-party at best.

Thanks for the reply, though.

Level 2

Okay, I fixed it (tentatively) using xfa.host.messageBox in the click event... One problem, though -- the message appears even if the user cancels/closes out of the e-mail instead of sending.

Any way to get around this?

Level 10

Hi,

the generated mail is out of the control of Reader/Acrobat, so you cannot determine if the sending was canceled or not.

Level 2

I figured that was probably the case... Doesn't hurt to check

Another question - Can something be specified in the event.target.mailDoc verbiage (or anywhere else) to have a delivery receipt sent?

Level 10

Also no,

the mailDoc function controls just 6 parameters (bUI, cTo, cCc, cBcc, cSubject, cMsg), nothing else.

http://www.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/devnet/acrobat/pdfs/js_api_reference.pdf#page=323