Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Is it possible to create a Show/Hide statement based on the text results a Floating Field?

Former Community Member

Good day!  I am new to LiveCycle and am reasonably proficient at creating basic forms and letters, but I am not well versed in JavaScript.  What I am doing in creating a series of forms that will be used by multiple offices out of the same document database.  However, each office has it's own letterhead which would need to be applied according to the first two digits of the case number.

Right now my plan is to load each doc with all the letterheads and create a Show/Hide statement attached to a dropdown box identifying each office.  This is not ideal, obviously.  What I would like to do is have a floating field populate with the case number (this I can do) and apply a script that Shows the appropriate letterhead based on the first two digits of the case number.  Sort of like a Vlookup of If/Then statement in Excel.

Is this within the capabilities of Livecycle?  Could someone please help me suss out the coding for this?

Thank you!

--Kate

0 Replies