Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Is it possible to control the remote screen with screenshare?

Former Community Member

The documentation makes it clear that it's not possible, but then there are elements of the code that imply that it *is* possible.

Is there a sample showing this?

1 Reply

Employee

We actually have released the "remote control" feature with SDK 1.3.0 (the current version is 1.3.5). I think we don't have a sample application for this but there is some info in the documentation (see com.adobe.rtc.collaboration.ScreenShareSubscriber.requestControlling(userID)).

Basically the "viewer" application will have to request control and the person currently screensharing will be prompted to accept. If accepted the "viewer" will become able to control the "publisher"'s machine.

I did see the documentation note about the feature not being implemented but it turns out that when we added support for remote control we didn't update the note. Will be done with next version of the SDK (and thanks for pointing that out).