Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Interest in generated ORMs?

Level 1

Hi,

for a current project, I develop an object relational mapper generator. You pass in a YAML-based specification of entities used in you app, and the generator generates PHP {MySQL} classes for each entity. The classes then manage the underlying database transparently. [Due to certain restrictions, I refused to use other PHP ORM frameworks].

Up to this point nothing special. Here is what I might implement too, if there is interest:

Besides the standard ORM stuff, the generator might generate a SOAP server and a correponding WSDL file too, which might be accessed using Flex. As you know, by means of FlexBuilder, you might then transform the server-side WSDL to AS3/Flex to access the SOAP API nicely in Flex.

Since the ORM generator is more or less language neutral, it should be fairly simple to generate client-side AS3 classes instead of server-side PHP-classes. These generated AS3 classes would manage entities locally by means of a SQLite Database in AIR.

If you feel, that these two subproject might be useful _or_ useless, please jump in and write a comment.

Kind regards,

Stefan

0 Replies