Expand my Community achievements bar.

Include "hidden" fields in the submitted form

Level 7

I have a form where subforms are hidden until the user selects a radio button then one or the other subform is displayed. However, the hidden text which is now displayed is not submitted in the form.

Is there a way to keep the functionality of hidden fields that are displayed on a radio button choice and then the fields are included in the submitted form?

Thanks,

MDawn

6 Replies

Former Community Member

Are you preserving the "state of the form" automatically? In the Form Properties/Defaults menu make sure that the "Preserve Scripting Changes to Form when Saved" radio button is turned on.

Paul

Level 7

This form will be signed so I can't set the Preserve Scripting Changes..." to Automatically. Is there a way to with a script to make the hidden fields included on the submitted form and still sign the form?

Thanks,

Margaret Dawn

Former Community Member

Then you will have to keep track of the state of your form yourself and set it up accordingly when the form opens.

Paul

Level 7

Can you explain further what you mean by "keep track of the state of your form yourself"?

Thanks,

Margaret Dawn

Former Community Member

What event is it that determines when your objects change their presence .....a radio button chane or some other event? If so then you will have to check the state of the radio Button when your form loads and set the presence of all related objects accordingly.

Paul

Level 7

Got it. Thanks.

Margaret Dawn

630-850-1065