Expand my Community achievements bar.

Inbox account is used by the other endpoint. Each endpoint must have different Inbox account

Level 7

I am trying to setup an email account for the successful and failed job recipients and I get the above error.

Can anyone explain why ?

Aditya

13 Replies

Level 10

An endpoint is a way to invoke a process. If you have more than one process that use an email endpoint, you need to make sure you are using a different email account for each process, otherwise the email account won't know which process to start when it receives the email.

Jasmin

Level 7

Thank you for replying !

This has become a critical issue for me. The endpoint I am trying to create is not accepting any email accounts. It gives me the same error. I restarted the server many times and still get the same error.

What do you suggest I do ?

Aditya

Level 10

Are you sure the "Inbox User" and "SMTP User" are not used by another email endpoint?

Jasmin

Level 7

Yes, I tried replacing an exisiting endpoint with the new email account and it worked fine with that endpoint. However that same email account would not allow me to create any other endpoints.

This happens with all email accounts.

Aditya

Level 10

I'm a bit confused.

Are you saying you have end point 1 with email account 1 that works and that you are trying to create end point 2 with email account 2, but that doesn't work?

Jasmin

Level 7

Soemwhat .....

Endpoint 1 works fine with email1 and email 2. This was created 1 month ago.

This morning I disabled endpoint 1 and tried to create Endpoint 2. It wouldn't work with email1 or email 2.

Aditya

Level 7

Jasmin - I would like to compare the configurations of two processes.

I also want to check if an email account has been used for any endpoints...

What tables in the db would involve the above two points ?

Aditya

Level 10

I don't thing going to the database to compare is the right way to do it. First it's hard to find, and second I don't see what else it's going to tell you that adminui is not.

The only thing the endpoint cares about is the name of the process and the input/ouput parameters.

Can you attach a screen shot of the two endpoint configuration from adminui?

Jasmin

Level 7

I don't think it is an issue with the email account. I am unable to create an endpoint for any process. with any email account.

what could be causing this ?

Aditya

Level 10

I don't think it is an issue with the email account.

<Jasmin> I agree. I think it's with the end point configuration. That's whhy I wanted a screen shot of your end point configuration.

Jasmin

Level 7

I have attached the schreen shot in the next post.

Level 7

Here you go ...

I have left the invoke blank as I picked a random process.

An FYI ... there is one email endpoint already configured which works fine when I change the email account, etc. I have also attached the screen shot of it.

Aditya

Level 10

You get that error every time you create an email endpoint with a different account?

This is very strange. I'm not sure what going on. You might have to get in touch with support.

Jasmin