Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Image Slideshow?

Former Community Member

Is there anyway to create a "slideshow" of images in livecycle in order to easily go through them? I'm assuming some sort of layering of images is needed, but I don't know what to do from there....

6 Replies

Level 10

You should be able to.  If you have all your images loaded into hidden image fields you could use code in a app.setTimeOut call (which can run every x milleseconds) to assign the rawValue of the visible image to the rawValue of the next hidden image.

Former Community Member

Would I be able to add "Next" or "Previous" buttons in order to flip back and forth between pictures? Please keep in mind I know nothing about JavaScript, so I will need assistance with directions or any helpful videos would be perfect.

Level 10

It can be done, there are a few ways of doing this that would depend on what else is on the form.  Will it be pretty much the only thing being displayed or a smaller part of a bigger form, that doesn't change with the pictures.

Former Community Member

It's an interactive form which will have multiple slideshows of images and the reader of the pdf will answer questions about each of the slideshows.

Level 10

Here,s a sample that might get you started,  https://acrobat.com/#d=otl8Tq6FioFzlZO2mh0LKA

The start button just calls the next button but with an app.setInterval so it will called until the stop button is clicked .

The Next button uses the currentimage value (which I have stored in a fields called NumericField1 (so probably should be hidden)) and displays the next image.

If the images, questions and answers come from a database then you can just bind directly to the fields under the Questions subform.  The subforms under Questions must all be called the same (that is Question) for this approach to work as it allows us to reference them via a numeric index.

Hope this helps

Bruce