Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

If statements

Level 4

Morning,

Trying to do another 'If' statement but I can't seem to get the first part of the formula to work.  The first line is still being divided by 2.

if

(Table3.Row3.Cell1.rawValue == null ) {

this.rawValue

= (Table3.Row2.Cell8.rawValue) / 1;

}

if

(Table3.Row4.Cell2.rawValue == null) {

this.rawValue

= (Table3.Row2.Cell8.rawValue + Table3.Row3.Cell8.rawValue + Table3.Row4.Cell8.rawValue) / 2;

}

else

{

this.rawValue

= (Table3.Row2.Cell8.rawValue + Table3.Row3.Cell8.rawValue + Table3.Row4.Cell8.rawValue) / 3;

Any assistance would be awesome.

Cheers

Jenny

5 Replies

Former Community Member

Your code is confusing me .....can you describe what you expect your code to do?

Thanks

Paul

Level 2

Hi Paul, you're my last hope! I cannot get my text boxes to increase in depth as I enter data - I just get the scroll bar coming into play. Fine if it is purely an electronic form but obviously no good if a printed copy is required. Under Form Properties I've entered 'Interactive Form' and Acrobat 8 (Dynamic) XML form. I've ticked 'Allow multiple lines' in the object pallette, ticked 'expand to fit' in the height (y) layout pallette and have my subform as flowed. This is my last throw of the dice. I attach an example form with text box.

Yours pleading

Barum55

Former Community Member

There is no attachment here ....you cannot simply attach to the email ....you have to click on the link an interact through the BBS software.

Paul

Level 4

Hi Paul,

There are three stages to this:

1.     If a person fills out the first row then the 'Total Average Interview Score' cell will be just the first row 'Total' cell

2.     If a person fills out the first and second row then the 'Total Average Interview Score' cell will be the first and second row 'Total' cells divided by 2

3.     If a person fills out all three rows then the 'Total Average Interview Score' cell will be the sum of the first, second and third row 'Total' cells divided by 3.

I have attached another sample.

1.     The first block, the 'Total Average Interview Score' should be 12

2.     The second block the  'Total Average Interview Score' is correct at 15.

3.     The third block the 'Total Average Interview Score' is correct at 18.

Therefore I am not able to get the first block to = 12 with my coding.

Hope this makes sense.

Jenny

Former Community Member

Not sure if I followed all of that but this is what I think you want ....have a look and let me know.

Paul