Expand my Community achievements bar.

I don't need my form recipients to sign, how do I remove this functionality?

Former Community Member

Hi there,

I've designed a form in Indesign CS3 which needs to be downloaded from my website, completed and emailed back. I'm using Acrobat Professional 8 on OSX 10.5.8 to create the form.

My clients will be using Acrobat Reader to complete the form. I want to provide the option to print out and manually fill in the form too.

No signature is required, however, I would also like security on the form preventing the form itself being altered; i.e. My logo being replaced with someone else's.

There are no fields marked 'signature' and I haven't created a signature field, but when the form is opened in Reader I'm being prompted:

Click 'sign' to fill out and sign this form. When you are done, you can save a copy by clicking 'done signing'.

I don't want or need the form to be signed and this could confuse clients with accessibility needs. I've been trying to troubleshoot for hours to no avail. I haven't received any training in Acrobat and so I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I'd really, really appreciate any help anyone could provide in removing this feature whilst retaining some level of security.

Kindest regards, and many thanks,

Marie

0 Replies