Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

I am in the process of doing a Proof Of Concept / Evaluating products that can help us build a Java Application to Convert a PDF document to a Searchable PDF. I wanted to check is there any simple JAVA API from Adobe to achive this ? Any direction in th

Former Community Member

I am in the process of doing a Proof Of Concept / Evaluating products that can help us build a Java Application to Convert a PDF document to a Searchable PDF. 

I wanted to check is there any simple JAVA API from Adobe to achive this ? Any direction in this regard is greatly appreciated.@

5 Replies

Employee

You can achieve this using LiveCycle PDF Generator JAVA API. You can find required code here:

Adobe LiveCycle * Quick Start (SOAP mode): Converting a Microsoft Word document to a PDF document us...

In parameters:

//Set createPDF2 parameter values
    String adobePDFSettings = "Standard";
     String securitySettings = "No Security";
     String fileTypeSettings = "Standard OCR";

"Standard OCR" file type setting will run OCR on input pdf. In the code, instead of doc file provide a pdf file. Resultant pdf will be searchable PDF i.e OCRed PDF.

Feel feel to ask any further questions.

Former Community Member

Thanks Sachin.

Do we need to install the complete product suite  "LiveCycle " using "lces_server_11_0_0_weblogic_all_win.zip" ?  OR is there a stand alone java solution ? Please advise.

Thank you

Vijay

Employee

There is no standalone java solution. You need to install LiveCycle server.

As you have mentioned "lces_server_11_0_0_weblogic_all_win.zip" it means these are the LC ES4(11.0.0) installation bits for Weblogic application server which is supposed to install on supported windows platform.

Former Community Member

Thank you Sachin.

I have tested the functionality using full deployment of LiveCycle ES and the results are satisfactory.

As per our business needs, We will be needing only the PdfConverter module of LiveCycle ES.

We want to proceed further and  contact the Adobe Sales Department for purchasing the necessary licenses.   Could you please let me know the procedure or contact details ?

Thanks

Vijay.

Employee

Sure!! Inbox me your details. I will forward to our sales department, they will contact you.

Thanks,

Sachin