to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

Hyperlinks, Drop Down Lists/Lists and Buttons

NumenoreanX
Level 1
Level 1

I have a document library that I'm trying to create a "virtual librarian" to manage. What I want to do is create a form with a series of questions/drop downs that will ultimately lead to either a select List or Drop Down List populated with names of documents. Each document is hosted on a webserver.

What I want to do is assign (bind) each referenced document in the drop-down list/list a hyperlink to be able to :

1) Launch with the press of a "button" that will point to the hyperlink attached (assigned in binding) to each document in the drop-down list/list

2) Launch an email with the press of a "button" that will have the selected form attached

3) Print selected form

Is it possible to do these things all through hyperlink or am I going about this wrong (which is probable)? I have been able to successfully launch a hyperlinked document from a "button" with the app.launchURL("value", true); javascript in the click event of a "button". But I haven't figured out how to make that "value" dependent on the selection from a drop-down list/list.

Any direction is appreciated.

0 Replies