Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Http Submit to Servlet and a valid response for Adobe Reader

Level 2

Hello,

my problem is sending pdf data as xml to a servlet by using the Adobe Reader. The PDF is not activate by ReaderExtensions and I want to avoid this! In my example the data is sent to servlet correctly.

The problem is the response. I sent the http status code 200 back to the reader tells me that the contenttype is not accepted. Which response understand the Reader for LC Designer form?Which contenttype and which data?

I don't want to set a value in the form only a message that the communication was succesfull would be great. How can I create a valid response for the Adobe Reader.

One solutions is the JavaScript-Net object but using this method, there are too much secruity rules.

Christoph

5 Replies

Former Community Member

You can only respond back to the Reader with a PDF message.

Paul

Level 7

Paul - When I return the message as a PDF, Reader gives me the attached error. Please help.

Aditya

Former Community Member

Are you setting the mime type correcttly? Also it shoudl be a PDF extension not a tmp file.

Paul

Level 7

At the moment, I am not specifying any filename except the one that saves to the local file system in the servlet. How would I specify the MIME type ? Is it by setContentType ? if so, I have already specified in the response.

Aditya

Level 7

Paul is there a better way to submit a PDF (outside the browser) and invoke the workflow ?

Aditya