Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

How to remove data connection from PDF on distribution?

Level 10

Hi there everyone,

I've asked this question in different ways before, and I never got an answer on this topic.
I've always wanted to remove the data connection from my PDF when I distribute it officially, because the clients are lost when they see the request for a connection to a database.

Even tho this request to connect never can access to the database once it is distributed, isn't there a way to remove the rights to request for a connection or anything that would be very similar for removing the data connection other than the option to allow connections to the internet within Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat Pro?

Isn't there any staff from Acrobat that can answer this question? I am using this forum for quite a while now and I've barely seen a staff member that could answer a question / discussion when it is needed.

I wanted to chat with a staff member of Acrobat but I'm always getting redirected to the LiveCycle Forums and unfortunately I never got any help regarding this issue.

I am not really impressed of Acrobat's support and I would like to have a professional answer on this matter other than a yes or no.

2 Replies

Level 4

Manually you can delete the data connection by the steps in the following article, but with script don't know.

LiveCycle ES2 * Adobe LiveCycle Designer ES2

Level 10

Yea I know we can do it manually, but I want to do it with scripts or if its possible using Acrobat Pro or anything, but I don't want to remove the connection within LiveCycle.

I want to create the form, open the form, save the data collected from the database and then remove the data connection because it only needs the connection once!