Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

How to programmatically get status of process action

Level 1

Good morning,

In my system, a fairly common "state" of a process is where an action in the process is marked "stalled", but the overall process has a status of "running". I create the processes using the Java invocation API, which specifies that I use the JobManager API. Using that API, I am able to get the status of a process (returns "running"), but I don't see how to get the status of the current action (in this example, "stalled"). How can I do that? (Perhaps the ProcessManager API should be used?)

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies

Level 10

You can use TaskManagerQueryService API to fetch the Task Status. For this you require the TaskId to search for a specific Task.

Or you can directly query the database to get the Task Status. Table name:

where XXXX is your TaskId

If you do not know the Task Id and you want iterate through all Tasks of a particular process instance,

you can use the following query to retrive all the Tasks created under a specific Process Instance:

where YYYY is your process instance id

Nith

Level 1

Hi,

Can you help me to get the status of a process?

I tried the example provied in http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/9.0/programLC/help/index.htm?content=001118.html. But it is not returning my process name. Always getting "process name: Test_BCal_EmailSystem/TestMobileProcess" even after changing the service name in processFilter.setServiceName("MortgageLoan - Prebuilt");

"tb_task" table has only one record with process name as "'Test_BCal_EmailSystem/TestMobileProcess'".

Thanks in advance.

-rajuk123