Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to populate form fields from ODBC Database?

Level 1

Using LifeCycle ES2, i have created a form, to which through ODBC i have connected a database. Although in MS Query database picks up table relationships, including unique parent records of the table. However when input records from db tables in their respective position on the form, no db relation remains. What im trying to do is to make form populate all fileds based on change of unique parent record. Do i have to use XML schema for that [is there any generating software?] as im not familiar with XML. or are there any settings i have missed in LifeCycle? Because right now, altering any db fields in pdf forms do not affect any other db fields in the form. Please help!

3 Replies

Former Community Member

I think I am trying to do the same thing and I hope someone had done this before. I have a form that an employee will fill out for their travel expense reimbursement. On the top of the form, there is a drop-down-list that is alreay populated with a list of employees. The person who fills out the form will pick his/her name from the drop-down-list and the information will be populated for other fields such as employeeID, department and supervisor's name...

The information that is supposed to be populated is in a database. How do I go about achieving this?

Thanks in advance for any helps.

Level 1

Thanks a lot! will carefully review that blog post, but do you know of any xml code generators? [as im not familiar with xml] thanks!