Expand my Community achievements bar.

how to manipulate the recipient adress of a notification mail?

Employee

Hi,

when a task is assigned to a user, LC can send nice notification eMails. Meanwhile the content (mail body and subject) can be freely formatted through custom eMail templates.

I need exactly this but in addition to that, I would need to change the recipients adress (to-adress) of the eMail. The user task and it's custom template does not support this.

Is there a way to somehow manipulate the recipient adress of a notification mail?

Here is the use case:

We have to create business process solution based on LC ES 2.5 BPM. In the user directory we have regular users with regular eMail-adresses. So far everything is standard and the latest LC version.

But some of the eMails sent by the system will contain sensible HR personell data. So we have the requirement, that these emails have to be encrypted. The customer has an encryption infrastructure in place, that we are asked use.

It is a proprietary Notes solution. An eMail has to be send to a specific inbox (i.e. encryption@financecorp.com). The encrypter receives the mail and encrypts it. After that he forwards the mail to the original recipient. The adress of the original recipient it extracts from a special formatted expression from within the eMail text. 

The integration with LC could be very easy, if I would have the chance to replace the recipients adress that is automattically inserted be LC.

Thank you for any idea

Cheers

Alex

1 Reply

Employee

The solution is to manipulate the processing logic of the "Email Notifiacation" orchestration. After the task "handleNotifcationWithRenderEvent" all email relevant fields are generated but the mail is not yet sent. A new task added here, can accomplish any manipulation.

The tricky part is to get access to the "Email Notification" orchestration at all. In workbench it is hidden.

It gets accessible by creating a new application and importing a process into it. Within the import dialog it can be selected. Once it is imported, it can be modified an redeployed to override the standard behaviour.