Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

How to lock a form once filled

Level 3

So, anyone know (in LiveCycle ES2) how I can lock the form after it is filled and ready to submit?

I can do this if I add a signature box but how do I do it without one???

3 Replies

Former Community Member

You can set the to form container access property to 'readOnly' or 'protected'. If my form root is 'form1' you attach the script, below, to an event.

form1.access = "readOnly";

Steve

Level 3

This form is going out to Technicians in the field. one they fill it out and submit it (customer gets a copy too) I want the recepients to not be able to change any fields. is that possible?

Former Community Member

My solution is relevant to disabling access to fillable fields in an interactive form. You can fire this script on any event including submission. The problem with this solution is that you would have to control distribution of the form to ensure recipients get the locked version or have a mechanism to recognize the role of the person opening the form.

There are multiple solutions for preventing changes. It depends upon your requirements and the type of changes you are worried about. For example, you could add password security to allow or prevent changes. Another common approach is to flatten a PDF so it is no longer interactive.

Steve